A blend that gives you a deep internal cleansing, in a way that is gentle enough for everyday use! This superfood blend specifically targets your digestive GI track; responsible for 90% of your immune system, we use botanicals to boost, detoxify, and cleanse. This formula helps your daily detoxifying organs increase optimal function. When we consume plant nutrients, our bodies recognize their components and commands them into action, creating proper function in our internal systems. When your body is fueled with what it needs and knows it can expect what it needs and is supplied then it can fully prosper. Our blend is formulated to work with your body’s ability to detox and heal; making it a daily “go-to” lifestyle habit that makes you feel so alive! This delicious blend satisfies that healthy itch we all have to “go green” every day!
Ingredients: Papaya leaf, Soursop Leaf, Tulsi, Turmeric, Coriander, Tropical almond leaf, Ice cream bean leaf, Yellow dock, Guava leaf, Dandelion, Daisy, Kefir lime leaf, Lemon
Naikela Botanicals’ superfood tea powders are an effective way to deliver water-soluble nutrients into your body to improve your overall health and wellness. The tea blends are formulated to provide specific lifestyle benefits. Each tea delivers a host of health benefits and can be mixed with water or paired as a complement to various foods. Farmed and harvested on Kauai, these botanicals are Certified Naturally Grown (no pesticides are used during the growing process, non-GMO), hand-harvested, and dried via a solar drying process that maximizes the nutrient content.
Key Features & Benefits:
· Supports healthy immune function*
· Cleanses and detoxifies digestive system*
Kauai Cleanse is a purifying blend of botanicals that target the gastrointestinal tract, where the majority of the immune system is located. This blend is ideal for restoring balance to the digestive system and can be used daily. Many of the ingredients are potent antioxidants, and they provide other health benefits, such as antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, and anti-cancer effects. Tropical almond leaf, turmeric, and daisy support liver health while ice cream bean leaf and coriander offer neuroprotective properties. Kauai Cleanse also utilizes botanicals that have a positive effect on cholesterol, blood sugar, and blood pressure. More information about the specific ingredients is detailed below.*
· Papaya leaf acts as an anti-inflammatory and boosts the immune system; a 2010 study demonstrated that papaya leaf has anti-tumor actions and it may be useful for disease treatment or prevention. As an antioxidant, papaya leaf has also been shown to protect against gastric ulcers; this was established in a 2008 animal study. Furthermore, the papain enzyme found in the papaya leaf assists with protein digestion and may be useful for many gastrointestinal disorders. Papain may even help with the digestion of gluten (a wheat protein).*
· Soursop leaf (graviola) contains high levels of alkaloid compounds and acetogenins; these compounds have antibacterial, antifungal, and antiparasitic effects. In addition, a wealth of research has established soursop leaf’s effectiveness against various forms of cancer: lung, throat, cervical, ovarian, breast, and leukemia. The acetogenins are believed to inhibit energy production within cancer cells.*
· Tulsi has adaptogenic properties: it helps the body adapt to stress. It also has antibacterial properties. In Ayurvedic medicine, it is used to promote longevity.*
· Turmeric has antioxidant, antiviral, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer properties. It is an extremely versatile plant that has been used in both Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine for over 4,000 years. Turmeric acts a powerful anti-inflammatory that has been used to improve digestion, support liver health, alleviate skin problems, and aid in wound healing, among other conditions. Curcumin is a component of turmeric, and research has shown that curcumin has potent antioxidant properties. These antioxidants protect cells from free radical damage, and preliminary studies show that turmeric has anti-cancer properties.*
· Coriander has a high phenolic content and works as an antioxidant; this helps protect against neurodegenerative diseases, cancer, and metabolic syndromes. A 2018 study described its anti-cancer, neuroprotective, anxiolytic, anticonvulsant, analgesic, migraine-relieving, hypolipidemic, hypoglycemic, hypotensive, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory activities. It contains a high level of linalool, which is believed to modulate the pathogenic pathways of many diseases.*
· Tropical almond leaf (Terminalia catappa) contains tannins and flavonoids with potent antioxidant, antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-carcinogenic properties. It also has hepatoprotective and anti-diabetic properties and may be helpful for calming anxiety. Tropical almond leaf has also been shown to be useful for healing gastric ulcers and combatting H. pylori infection.*
· Ice cream bean leaf (Inga edulis) may be useful for headaches and nerve problems; it contains flavonoids and has antioxidant properties.*
· Yellow dock (Rumex crispus) has high phenolic content, and in laboratory studies it has been shown to have anti-cancer and antioxidant activity. It also exhibited DNA protection and free radical scavenging ability. Furthermore, yellow dock has been shown to improve digestive function (such as heartburn, indigestion, and constipation) and may be beneficial in mild cases of anemia.*
· Guava leaf aids in blood sugar regulation and may reduce insulin resistance; it also has cholesterol- and blood pressure-lowering properties. In a clinical trial, the extract was found to reduce menstrual pain significantly.*
· Dandelion acts as an anti-inflammatory; in animal models of diabetes, it was shown to help normalize blood sugar, lower total cholesterol, and raise HDL (good) cholesterol. It may also aid in liver and gallbladder function.*
· Daisy (Bellis perennis) is a medicinal plant that is regarded as a “blood purifier”; it is used for kidney and liver problems, coughs, bronchitis, and swelling. It contains flavonoids that serve as antioxidants; additionally, the saponins that it contains have been shown to exhibit anti-cancer activity on the human digestive tract.*
· Kaffir (kefir) lime leaf contains flavonoids and vitamin C. It has antibacterial, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties, and it stimulates the digestive system. Kaffir lime leaf may also help improve digestive regularity.*
· Lemon is a good source of vitamin C, and it contains phytonutrients that include limonoids; these limonoids have anti-cancer, antioxidant, antibacterial, antifungal, antimalarial, and antiviral properties. It is also used to fight the common cold; aid in digestion; reduce swelling; and improve blood vessel function, vertigo, tinnitus, and kidney stones.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
Kauai Cleanse contains papaya leaf, which contains the papain enzyme. This super molecule is very effective at all things GI tract (combat microform overgrowth, rebuild healthy flora)but it will be damaged by scalding water!! We recommend not making this one hot, or at least if you’d like to utilize the benefit of papaya leaf have it cold or room temp. Enjoy 1-5 times a day.
Our favorite: Add 1/2 tsp Kauai Cleanse powder to 12-16 oz of water, drink it down !